At an early age I immediately fell in love with art and design and discovered this new exciting talent I possessed.
All through school I developed a basic skill set from my Art and design classes. A career within the graphics industry was inevitable.
After leaving school I attended the gamble Institute Art College based in St. Helens Merseyside. After gaining a qualification in art and design, I qualified for a City and Guilds Graphic Design work placement at Gourley Training St Helens.
Shortly afterwards I passed my City and Guilds course with flying colours and was offered a permanent job at Frodsham Sign and Display, in Haydock, St Helens, Merseyside.
My sign making career had begun!
Frodsham Signs worked predominantly within the retail industry providing services to large corporate entities such as JJB Sports and Matalan.
My duties included:
- Junior graphic designer using predominantly Adobe platforms
- Manufacturer of CAD cut vinyl lettering to be used in the manufacturing of:
- Vehicle livery
- External signs
- Internal signs
- Glass manifestation
- Exhibition stands and displays
- Large format digital wallpaper
- The manufacture and and fitting of vehicle livery on a range of vehicles such as cars, vans, oil tankers and even private jets!
- The manufacturing of large scale flex face illuminated signs for large retail outlets
- The manufacture and fitting of large glass manifestation projects for internally fitted glass partitions within the office environment.
- The manufacture and fitting of large format wall prints and graphics throughout the business and retail sectors.
Whilst working at Frodsham Sign and Display, I was offered a position with a large corporate entity called Daniel Contractors Ltd.
Where I would be responsible for the sign making and marketing requirements.
My duties at Daniel Contractors Limited included:
- Graphic design based tasks, such as brochure design, vehicle branding, site project sign packages and corporate letterheads.
- The manufacture and fitting of vehicle livery to a large company Fleet
- The manufacturing and fitting of a broad spectrum of external and internal signage Solutions.
I was required to attend Daniel contractors site projects throughout the North West of England to carry out sign making duties in and around the Manchester and Liverpool area.
I was also responsible for the purchase of all the sign making materials required to provide Daniel contractors with an internal solution for all the signage and marketing requirements.
I was also responsible for organising the daily duties for myself and one trainee sign maker.
Whilst I was happy at Daniel contractors I always felt I had a lot more to offer and my artistic abilities were being suppressed.
Hey, Prescott Graphics Services was born!
Daniel has over 25 years experience within the graphics industry, and as a company director Daniel believes in pushing boundaries and thinking outside the box, Giving customers a bespoke solution for the signage and marketing requirements whilst ensuring all work carried out is to a high standard.
Prescott Graphics is fully compliant with all Health and Safety requirements, and are happy to provide any relevant documents on a customer’s request.